IAA Frankfurt Car Show 2015
Friday, 23, October, 2015
This year the IAA was maybe the greatest car show event I ever assisted in the last ten years. The number and the quality of innovations presented was huge, showing without any doubt that the sector is pushing hard out of the financial crisis.
From the technological point of view we extrapolated some tendencies:
- every car maker is looking at electric and hybrid technologies, pushing hard on the performances;
- every car maker is downsizing the engine with more sophisticated turbocharging solutions;
- the composites materials are becoming a must to have, at least for aesthetic purposes;
- dual clutch and automatic ‘more than 7 gears’ gearboxes will become more popular also to medium class cars;
- the quality of assembling is sometimes astonishing.
Enjoy some pics